Please Note: This feature is provided at an additional monthly fee of $50. For more information, see “Billing” below.
1) Set Up a Facebook Business Page if you have not done so already. Users may have multiple Business Pages if they choose to. The Facebook Business Page linking is automatic and Real Geeks Facebook Marketing Tool users will be able to select the desired Business Page from their Real Geeks Ad Manager Dashboard. Click here to set up your Business Page: https://www.facebook.com/business. Please see the image below for clarification.
2) Create a Facebook Advertising Account. To access this account please visit the following link and press “Close” followed by “OK” as pictured in the images below: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/creation/
3) Set up Facebook Ad billing. This is the payment method that Facebook will use to bill per amount spent on each ad. Adding in a payment method here is required to post any ads to Facebook using the tool. Real Geeks does not store this information. To access this page, visit https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/billing/transactions/ and select “Add Payment Method.” Please see the image below for clarification.
4) Create a Facebook pixel. All Facebook Ad accounts that are linked to the Real Geeks platform must have a Facebook pixel configured for the account. For more information, please visit: http://docs.realgeeks.com/facebook-guides. Please note that the pixel will not need to be emailed to support in this case, as the tool itself will link the pixel to your site once you create your first ad using the tool. Once you have watched the video, please visit the following link to create your first pixel: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/pixel/facebook_pixel/.
5) Create at least one saved audience. All audiences for the Real Geeks Facebook Marketing Tool will need to be created within Facebook. The tool will then pull the audiences from Facebook into the tool. As many as you like can be created over time, but at least one must be created to get started. For more information, please refer to this video:
Once you have watched the video, please visit the following link to create your first audience: https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/audiences/.
These instructions are for users enabling the tool for the first time. This must be done by the site owner.
This price setting must be agreed upon to access the tool. Real Geeks originally created the tool for our marketing team to manage Facebook Marketing for our customers. Jeff then decided to make it available to Real Geeks customers who want to manage their own advertising campaigns. The original plan was to charge $250 and then Jeff decided to make it as affordable as possible to offer maximum value. We decided to share it with our customers and charge $50 per site per month to use it. This charge will be added to your Real Geeks billing. Users who prefer to use utilize a separate, or multiple, credit cards for their ad budget can do so while configuring their Facebook Advertising Account as mentioned above.
To enable other site users to access the Facebook Marketing Tool, the site owner must set the user’s permissions to “Facebook Admin” in Account Permissions. Please note that while multiple users may be granted Facebook Admin permissions, other Admins will only be able to view ads created by others and can only edit or delete his or her own ads. For more information regarding setting Account Permissions, please visit: http://docs.realgeeks.com/account_permissions.
Please refer to the following link for more information on setting permissions for your team across the Facebook platform: http://docs.realgeeks.com/facebook_marketing_tool_permissions.
The tool allows you to create eight different creative formats of rich ads with information and images from your website. Please view the videos below for specific examples and step-by-step guides for creating each ad type.
Please note that there will be a short time delay between when you create the ad within the tool and when it appears on Facebook, as Facebook must approve the ad or post you create before it is published. Additional materials regarding Facebook’s guidelines can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads/.
Facebook also provides guidelines regarding how much text can be included on an image. More information can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/980593475366490 They provide a tool to test your images here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/tools/text_overlay.