With the polygon tool, you have the ability to limit search results to a specific area you map. This is great for working around the limitations of MLS data and for avoiding certain areas.
Some cool things you can do with the tool include:
Note: User facing features only work on Miranda, Miranda Thin, and Molly templates.
Check out these templates on our Design Page!
Learn how to migrate to these templates with our Customizing Your Website's Theme docs!
To use the polygon tool in your map search, you'll want to do the following:
1. Go to your Advanced Search
2. Refine your search in terms of price, minimum beds, baths, etc.
You will want to do this before creating your polygon shape otherwise the data will not transfer over.
3. Click on Map Search
4. Click on the Polygon tool. It's located at the top center of your map and looks like this:
5. Click on your map where you would like to create a vertex in your shape.
Do not hold down your mouse button and drag. You must click to drop down a vertex and then the line will follow your mouse until you click again.
Click the “Save this Search” button at the top of the map search to save the polygon search.
If you would like to pull listings onto your content or area page based on a precise area that you draw, you'll want to do the following:
1. Go into your site backend
2. Choose the content or area page you wish to modify
3. Click on the (Show) button next to Property Display Search Options near the bottom of the page
4. Create or Edit a search
5. Choose the polygon tool in the left column
If you have any questions, message us at Support!